Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Help! Advice to a dramatic introduction of friends/boyfriend?10pts?

Ok, so here is the thing: due to distance practically none of my friends in my hometown know my long distance boyfriend. I have been dating him for 3 years, and we are all going to a super formal ball hosted by my college, and I don't know how everyone will react. The reason I am worried is he tends to freeze up in front of people he doesn't know, and this place will be packed full of them. Also, he is on the heavy side(around 250 lbs), around six feet even and starting to bald (at 20, bad genes in the family), so I know he will be self concious. We always get odd looks because I am five seven and weigh around 110. Anyways I want him to feel really welcome but my friends dont know how he looks- I'm afraid of bad reactions because no one is perfect, and people gossip including those who will be there that arent my friends. Im not insecure, but I don't want our night to be ruined by an awkward glance or moment. Im not trying to be egotistical, honestly I just really love him and want everyone else to see how special he is. any advice? 10 pts best answer!Help! Advice to a dramatic introduction of friends/boyfriend?10pts?
As long as you care about him is what matters. If you start apologizing for him or showing pictures of him and explaining his appearance, it will seem like you are embarrassed and this only adds fuel to fire. You never how how people will react, but it shouldn't matter. The happier you are and how ';easy'; you respond to any rude comments or stares can quickly put out those fires. Have a good time!!Help! Advice to a dramatic introduction of friends/boyfriend?10pts?
I think you should've let your freinds see a picture of you guys together before all this or at least let your closest friends know what he looks like to prevent the awkward glances you are bound to get. This will be a true test of your relationship!
well I guess u could show pictures of him so they know what he looks like and could tell your friends what he like and that your love with him. Your friends will accept him, will take time but they'll like him as long u like him.
You say that you love him?





My dear, you are the one who needs to come to grips with how you feel about his appearance. No one else matters.





I want you to realize that only you can ruin this night.





They will see how special he is when they see how special YOU think he is.





Don't LET him feel self conscious. Make him know that you are SO proud of him.





PS - And mean it, or some girl who can see beyond the physical might just steal him away.
I completely understand. Maybe if you talk to your friends ahead of time itll help. Mayb show them a pix of you two. Let them have a heads up before you actually are with him in front of your friends. I personally wouldnt care about your nonfriends and there reactions. But if your friends are truely your friends there gonna accept him for who he is especailly if it makes you happy. Maybe even go out the night before with your boyfriend and friends so your boyfriend can be a little more comfortable at the dance. Good luck hun. Everything will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment