Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Low progesterone &ttc help&advice please?

hi,


i posted this yesterday but only gor 1 answer, so i'm postin it again to see if anyone esle can answer.





me and my husband have been ttc for 1 year, he had sperm tests %26amp; was told his motility %26amp; count was fairly low, but changes to diet would make it better, and he can still impregnate me as only one sperm's needed.


anyway, i was sent for blood tests to check if i was ovulating, which i do as i use the clearblue fertility monitor.


my test result came back %26amp; they said i have low progesterone. i have been reading about it online, but just wondered if there was anyone else that has this problem, where you put on medication, what sort and did it work for you %26amp; how long did it take while on the meds for you to become pregnant and could you sustain it?





my doc said if i don't become preg this month he'll send me for an ultrasound to check my ovaries and the dye test to check blockage of tubes.





i really need to get a bit more info on this as i don't fully understand what it means to have low progesterone. do you have miscarriages? can you actually get preg? is it a form of pcos and does it sound like i have this?





my ovulation isn't always at the same time each month, sometimes it's a week later than i expected, and i have irregular periods.





we are both in our mid 20's.


thanks so much for your answersLow progesterone %26amp;ttc help%26amp;advice please?
i also had low progesterone, and my dr put me on 50mg of clomid..he ran the test again and it was still low so he upped it 100mg and now its in the high range of normal. he told me most likely if my progesterone was low then i wasn't ovulating, and as you know , if you don't ovulate then you can;t conceive..i also had the dye test(hsg) to check my tubes..its a good thing to have checked for the price.(and i don't have insurance) there are alot of resources about low progesterone online that helped me alot..lots of luck and baby dust to you

No comments:

Post a Comment