Thursday, July 29, 2010

Help! Advice needed about my job?

I have already asked this question but I wanted more answers.


Ok, I have made up my mind that I definitely want to leave my current job. The following reasons are just some of many.





I am treated unfairly by most of the staff - by this I mean talked down to way more than anyone else and sometimes when I haven't done anything wrong. As well as being the dogsbody for tasks that aren't mine and feeling pressured into doing them.





I am not allowed to do MY job the way I would do it - I am told to do it the way my line manager wants it done (her way is the only way type of attitude). She also speaks down to me in front of co workers and acts like every question I ask her is a stupid question. Basically she is a ***** (mainly to me as I am the only person she has authority over. She then has the nerve to speak about people needing to be professional at all times ( Yeah right, why don't you try it yourself).


This behaviour to me is bullying but the culture of the company is that should I report it I would come out the loser.





I am not learning much as the tasks I do are the tasks no one else will do so they are tedious and boring. Plus I have been told on many occasions by my manager I am getting a bad review in 6 months time so she is determined to make me look bad rather than addressing any problems now ( but no, she wants to wait 6 months to bring these problems up, she also won't tell me what they are).





I have nothing in common with most of the staff, I also do not like the culture in the workplace - the bitching, the double standards %26amp; the cliques. I am the youngest there by quite a bit so I think people think they can give me a bad attitude.


The pay is ok but not worth all this stress.





Basically any advice to get me through the weeks ahead until I can get a new job would be great (believe me I am trying).





Also has anyone had a similar experience and what did you do?





I would just like to say I do not think I am above ANY task (believe me).


What I should of mentioned is that these tasks are a responsibility of EVERY member of the department such as tidying up after yourself but I am expected to tidy up after other people (not in my job description).





Also I forgot to mention I have already had a word with my line manager about her attitude towards me and her response was ' she did not realise she was doing it'. However she now gives me daggers and a snotty comment now and again so it didn't do that much good.





She is also very unpredicable one minute critizes you, the next tries to be nice ( which I think is false on her part).





Also speaking to her boss is not an option as in my workplace it is an unwritten rule that management stick together and I would be labelled a 'whiner' or worse.Help! Advice needed about my job?
Yes, I went through that in a job once; the situation was I was a temp doing work the other temps didn't want to do; I talked to the manager about potential permanent opportunity and her response was ';I never got the chance to interview you. You aren't fitting in to our roadmap.'; The thing about jobs is nothing is personal - EVER - and I still struggle with that. I know this is tough, but go in thinking, ';I'm getting paid to do this'; and ignore everything that does not help you get a new job - try to focus on what skills you have and think about interviews ALL the time, you seem healthier than me in that you are angry and not hurt as I was - anger is good in that it will really help you focus on the interviews. DO NOT let your current state of mind affect the interview - no matter what, DO NOT complain in the interview or be negative at all. Focus on your skills and future. Hope that helps.Help! Advice needed about my job?
sounds a bit like my job,


just leave, i did, and im so glad i did, even the money wasnt worth it anymore


i suffered so much discrimination


just leave


there is plenty of jobs out there


despite all the credit crunch business
I would a keep a daily dairy account of everything the ***** does.
sounds like you need to get out asap the company and management stinks
Just grit your teeth and keep going. The money is worth the hassle..

No comments:

Post a Comment