Thursday, July 29, 2010

Please help!! Advice about my situation!!!?

I got out of a four year relationship back in August. I moved back in with my mom to get back on my feet and of course she could use the extra cash I'd be giving her. I don't expect to live for free, hell I'm 22 and have a job. She moved into a bigger home, got a SUV, and recently started partying. She claims the atty gen is taking out 600 for child suppport and she has so many bills and I needed to help her out. I said of course and in 3 months I went through 7000 of my savings and fell behind on my bills so she could have money. she's been blowing it on partying, shopping, and constantly asks for more. I had enough and moved out. I was scraping pennies and wouldn't eat lunch for weeks so I could have money to give while she was bringing home leftovers from ritzy restaurants she'd been eating at. She asked for 400 to and gave me a guilt trip for not giving her money and helping her. I MOVED OUT! I have nothing left!Am I wrong? Should I have stayed? What do I say? She's angry w/me.Please help!! Advice about my situation!!!?
Sounds like she is in the wrong here. She is your mother and should NEVER ask you for money. You were right to help out with rent, and when you thought she needed it, but as a mother I could never see myself ever taking more from my child.





She is your mother, she will get over it. She may be angry now, but if the truth is that you do not owe her anything then she has no reason to be mad. She might be throwing a guilt trip on you and that may have worked before, but not anymore. You are her child, not her husband and you owe her only love and respect now for the 18 years of raising you.


You do have a responsibility to her for raising you, but that is only to take care of her when she is old or sick and can't take care of herself.


Her partying is not your responsibility to finance.Please help!! Advice about my situation!!!?
you were the chump. so you are out good luck and stay away from her.
Sound like you got played out by your own mother! I would have confronted her 7000 dollars ago. If the two of you living together is one hand washing the other that is fine, but if your being taking advantage of then you should keep your distance. It doesn't matter who it is, nobody wants to be taken advantage of. Explain to her how you feel, and if that doesn't work then you can't get back to worrying about yourself, and eventually she will come around. It sounds like you were doing a lot better by yourself anyway.
Tell her that you are the ';daughter'; not the mother. She is.........She should start acting like a mother and not a spoiled little brat who get's everything she wants.............
Sad to say you mother is not acting like a mother. She is irresponsible and immature. Your moving out is the best thing to do. You are not wrong to do it, no you should not stay. Tell her you regret giving her $7000 to blow on high living and if she is angry with you, she should go fly kite. Don't give her any more money and don't ever move back.
She sounds dysfunctional. She'll get over her anger, or she won't. But, it doesn't sound like you can do anything more.





Time to do as you must to preserve your own sanity and your own finances. You had every right to move out, and even if Mom is angry, it sounds as tho she's going to get along. So be it.
Sounds more like you're the adult. You were not wrong, she needs a reality check. Learn from your mistake and move on, eventually Mom will too. She will be angry at you for awhile until she gets a grip on her situation. She's an adult, she'll figure it out. In the meantime, you take care of yourself. Your bills are just beginning. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment