Saturday, July 31, 2010

Life Advice Please Help?

I am currently a senior in high school and the time to turn in college applications is rapidly approaching. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I want to go straight to college. Don't get me wrong, I have great grades and definitely want to attend college, I just want to see the world for a while and live my life to the fullest. I have yet to tell the parents about this. Please give me any any advice and/or stories of personal experiences that you have. I really appreciate it, thanksLife Advice Please Help?
I thought the same thing, and ended up working in a liquor store for a year because I was unmotivated. My folks were v p*ssed. I have a great job now, but I really regret missing out on the whole college experience - you never get another chance, and the real world will always be there, whatever your age.





My advice: Make sure you have a plan, and the money to do what you want to do with your gap year. If your folks know you have a plan and aren't slacking, they will take it MUCH easier. I'm in the UK and over here we can apply for college, accept a place then defer (hold it) for a year - don't know if it is the same in the US but might be worth looking into.





Good luck, and remember - we are here for a good time, not a long time, so make the most of it while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment