Sunday, July 25, 2010

SOS! Help/Advice Needed URGENTLY!?

Hi! I am responsible at my work to keep servers clean and protected against viruses. I have Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition and I keep it updated by installing the most recent Virus Definitions. But I am facing a big trouble. EXPERT advice/help is urgently required for following:





1. The viruses keep coming and they creat .eml files in all folders.


2. The AV quarantines all infected files and creates .vbn files in thousands in Quarantine folder. They occupy huge space (sometime as much as 5GB).





Can you please tell me:





1. How can i restrict .eml files from being written


2. Is there a way to stop .vbn files from being written/created?





Urgent Response is requested!SOS! Help/Advice Needed URGENTLY!?
turn off the sytem restore on all hard disks from the control panel. then scan the pc. see if it helps!SOS! Help/Advice Needed URGENTLY!?
What that system is doing is logging all the info from the infected files...You should set it so it wont create file logs..Just set it to clean or repair.the infected files...


Symantec Antivirus and its little thing it does (nothing except write file logs) wrecked my computer once.. So I don't use it any more.
This may help:





http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment